Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Odyssey.



The Odyssey was the first book my English teacher assigned for us to read. While other classes are happily reading through, "Romeo and Juliet" or "The Secret Life Of Bees", my teacher makes us read this 500 page poem. Even though, it says it's "translated" by Robert Fitzgerald, I don't get a thing that's going on in this book. All I know is that it's 10 years after the Trojan War, and Odysseus can't go back home. Oh big deal. I could care less. I have to bring it every single day, and most of the time, the teacher doesn't even use the book. It adds so much weight to my backpack and it's not like I'll be reading it during my free time at school. I just wish that my teacher would quickly wrap this book up, so we can read something new, hopefully more appealing and interesting.

I'm really not in a good mood these past two days. First of all, I can't complete my homework, because my printer isn't working. I tried fixing it, but I just can't handle it. Then, when I decide to go out on Monday to Soho with a friend, I have to help my mom, and stay home. Once my weekend is over, school is like a living hell. We get so much work, classwork and homework. The only happy thing about school is having fun and chilling with my friends. But, without them, I'd dread going to school everyday.

I've always liked listening to music while doing my homework, but I have never found the perfect song for it. I usually just listen to my favorite song of the moment. But, I have finally found the perfect song, and I'm just loving it.




Hope you guys enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment